Tuesday 14 August 2018

Kua tae te wā - it’s time

Did you know all primary school teachers from around NZ are going on strike this wednesday??
For the first time in 24 years teachers are going on strike for what they think is right. If you are
interested and want to hear more about teachers and why they are going on strike then keep
reading to find out.


One of the reasons why teachers are going on strike is they want to spend more time with us
kids. If they are to busy focusing on their assessments then how can they help us with our
learning ?? I know a solution.I good idea to prevent this is by giving teachers less work or
hiring more teachers.I bet this would help teachers out alot.


Another reason why all teachers are going to strike is to change the lack of additional needs.
Most of the time, kids with additional needs (special needs) don’t get that special extra support
because there aren’t enough teachers to help out.So as I mentioned earlier, a great idea would
be to hire more teacher/teacher aids.  


Do you think teachers get paid enough??Well I sure don’t.I heard from my teacher saying
she sometimes works during night,weekend and early in the morning.Guess what, they don’t
get paid for working after school hours.They only do extra work just so they can keep up with
the system. This is why we should give them less work and abit of extra money for all their
hard work.

Overall I understand why teachers are doing this.They aren’t just doing this for the money,
they are doing this because they care about all New Zealand students.In my opinion, I am 100%
on the teacher side.

No comments:

Post a Comment